Last Updated: February 27, 2017
This Policy describes:
- the information that we gather from you,
- how we use and share this information,
- the rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- the steps we take to protect this information,
- the limitations of this Policy regarding third-party websites and content,
- how we transfer your information,
- how we may change this Policy, and
- how you may contact us.
By using our Services, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the WTIAWI Terms of Service.
Information We Collect through our Services:
- User-provided Information. When you use our Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information. You may provide us with information in various ways when using our Services. For example, you provide us with information when you create a login for the Apprenti assessment portal, use our Services, or send us service-related requests using our Services or other means of communication. As described below, user-provided information may include information about apprenticeship applicants, apprentices, donors, and members.
- Apprentice Information. WTIAWI, through its Apprenti program, enables certain users to apply for opportunities with or to become an apprentice (an “Apprentice“) with our partners. If you seek to become an Apprentice, we will collect certain information from you. For instance, we may collect your contact information, information about your educational and work background, and references. We collect, use, and share this information in connection with Apprentice applications and for Services administration purposes only. The specific information we request in connection with an application may be subject to requirements set by the programs and employers offering apprenticeships and opportunities through our Services (“Apprenticeship Partners“) or by legal requirements. The WTIAWI may facilitate efforts by Apprenticeship Partners to obtain additional information about potential Apprentices, We may send potential Apprentices forms from our Apprenticeship Partners, including forms relating to background checks or other apprenticeship-related matters, but this information will generally be submitted directly to the Apprenticeship Partners (and not to the WTIAWI).
- Donations. Our Services may allow you to make donations to the WTIA or the WTIAWI. When you make a donation, we (or our service provider) will collect billing and payment information from you. We will use this information to process your donation only.
- Members. If you join the WTIA as a member or act as a representative of your organization where your organization is a member of the WTIA, you may provide the WTIA with certain information about yourself and about your organization.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain of our Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential. We may use third-party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics cookies. WTIAWI does not process or respond to web browsers “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Services.We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.This information is gathered from all users and may be connected with other information about you.
- Third-Party Web Beacons and Third-Party Buttons. We may display third-party content on or through our Services. We also may enable you to interface with third-party services, including third-party social networks and communications services. In addition, we may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by WTIAWI. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than our Services, such as our business partners, contractors, and other third parties. This information may include background information about you, such as information we use in connection with offering apprenticeships and information we receive from Apprenticeship Partners about an Apprentice or Apprentice applicant.
How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we collect through our Services in a variety of ways in providing our Services and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect through our Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of our Services, to verify and manage Apprentice applications, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support, and to connect potential Apprentices with Apprenticeship Partners.
- We use the information that we collect through our Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve our Services, and to develop new services, features, and functionality.
- We may use information about you or information you provide for research purposes, including evaluations of our apprenticeship program and of the success of Apprentices and Apprenticeship Partners.
- We may use information about you to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by third parties we work with and by us. We aim to obtain appropriate consent (where required under applicable) to send you marketing communications.
- We may use the information we collect to (i) personalize our Services, including our website; (ii) provide customized content and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Services; and (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
When We Disclose Information, we will not disclose the information that we collect through our Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share information about users of our Services with the WTIA. If you are an Apprentice or Apprentice applicant in the Apprenti program, we may share information about you, including without limitation your contact information and information about your participation in assessments, which we or third parties conduct, with the WTIA and with our Apprenticeship Partners in order to provide you with information and opportunities.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using our Services, or that you elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide payment facilitation application development, hosting, maintenance, market research or audience targeting, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. We generally require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. For instance, we may disclose information about Apprentices and Apprenticeship Partners to the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council or to other Washington state agencies responsible for overseeing apprenticeship programs within Washington.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of our Services and any facilities or equipment used to make our Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of our Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, and/or services.
Your Rights and Choices
You may update, correct, or delete certain profile information and preferences by logging in to the Apprenti website. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to delete or amend all information you have provided to us due to retention requirements, or if that information has been provided to other parties.
If you receive promotional or commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving these emails from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in our active databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit, as authorized under applicable law, for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to third parties as described in this Policy, retention of that information will be subject to those third parties policies.
Our Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through our Services. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through our Services.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of the information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through our website, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of our Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apprenti
1595 NW Gilman Blvd Suite 6B
Issaquah, WA 98027